Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sending out an E.O.S


Yes, I have been sending out an E.O.S. LOL... I mean a S.O.S for a lip balm that would keep my lips soft and moisturized without that waxy feeling.  I have purchased endless lip balms with little or no success.  I am shopping in the beauty aisle @ Target looking for the latest lip balm to purchase. All of a sudden, my eye gets caught on some colorful cool looking spheres. So you know the PJ in me made me  pick the package up. It turns out the colorful spheres are lip balms made by E.O.S aka Evolution Of Smooth.  



Sweet Mint E.O.S Lip Balm (Mint Green Colored Sphere) and Strawberry Sorbet E.O.S Lip Balm (Pink Colored Sphere)






This is what the lip balm looks like when you open it.



The E.O.S Lip Balm Spheres cost 2.99 each @ Target.  I love mint flavored lip balms. So, I tossed the Sweet Mint E.O.S Lip Balm (Mint Green Colored Sphere) and Strawberry Sorbet E.O.S Lip Balm (Pink Colored Sphere) into my cart. Then finished up my latest shopping trip and headed to the car. Then, I broke open the package of the E.O.S Sweet Mint Lip Balm and applied it to my  lips.  I instantly fell in love,  it had a tingled and  tasted liked sweet mint (LOL) as it glided on my lips  like a dream . It was only after applying the lip balm that I checked the package because most lip balms contain junk ingredients. But I ended up being impressed with the ingredients. Unlike other lip balms that are laden with petroleum and other junk. This lip balm sphere is 100% natural and packed with about 95 % organic ingredients.


The ingredients for both the lip balms are listed below

The ingredients for the Sweet Mint E.O.S  Lip Balm



Olive Fruit Oil*, Beeswax *, Coconut Oil*, Jojoba Seed Oil*, Peppermint Oil*, Shea Butter*, Stevia Leaf/Stem Extract*, Vitamin E, Limonene, Linalool.






All of the ingredients of the E.O.S Lip balms with an asterisk beside it are * Organic Ingredients Certified Organic by the Oregon Tilth.






The ingredients for the Strawberry Sorbet E.O.S Lip Balm




Olive Fruit Oil*, Beeswax, Coconut Oil*, Jojoba Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor, Shea Butter*, Stevia Leaf/Stem Extract*, Vitamin E, Sunflower Seed Oil*, Strawberry Fruit Extract*, Limonene, Linalool.





All of the ingredients of the E.O.S Lip balms with an asterisk beside it are * Organic Ingredients Certified Organic by the Oregon Tilth.







Red Velvet's Verdict
                                                       *Drum Roll Please*

The Pros 

Even though, it has beeswax in the lip balm it doesn't feel waxy. My lips feel soft and moisturized(Even after the lip balm has worn off my lips). All they're lip balms are flavored. Not that I am eating the lip balms or constantly licking my lips LOL. But they're lip balms actually smell and taste good.  The design for the balm is kinda of cool. The lip balm spheres except for the Lemon Drop SPF15 lip balm are 100% natural and packed with about 95 % organic ingredients.Even with continuous use their lip balms sphere can  last a long time. I've had both lip balms spheres for more than a month and still have a lot of lip balm left.

The Cons 

The only issue that I have is the sphere is a little too easy to open. My little mini natural hair diva who is under 2 yrs. old has figured out how to open and attempt to use my E.O.S lip balm spheres. So, I have to make sure I keep my purse out of reach because she has become quite handy with opening the zippers and the buttons on my purses. Below, you can see the damage she caused to my Sweet Mint Lip Balm Sphere.



You can see my little one took a bite out of crime....LOL


NOTE: Coco and I are not affiliated or paid to review any of the products we use. If we are we will let you know. We only give honest opinions about the products we review. If we are over the moon about a product or call a product a holy grail. It's because we really love the products we have used. We sometimes may be given free products to review. But we will let you know and give you our honest opinions about the products we use.



Have you used E.O.S Lip Balm Spheres? What do you like or dislike about E.O.S Lip Balm Spheres?

No comments:

Post a Comment