Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Our first ever fitness challenge!!!!

Good Morning readers, 

                     Woot woot what day is it???? Hump Day Lol I hope you all are having a positively productive work week. We have made it to the middle of the week and the weekend is on the horizion. Not that it makes a difference to me. I work weekends too (lol). We are alive and blessed to see another day. I am also happy to announce out first ever fitness challenge!!!! (Pictured below) Woot,woot..lol



                                              

 I have been wanting to do a fitness challenge. But my crazy schedule wouldn't allow for me to do one. So, I kept putting it off and making excuses why I didn't have the time to do a fitness challenge. Until I completely forgot about it. 




Luckily, my occupation and chasing after my daughter helps me lose weight. I went from 172 lbs. to 156-152 lbs. in no time. Currently, my weight fluctuates between 156-152 lbs. 


                       




Even though, I was losing weight and enjoying a smaller size. I still was out of shape and a lot of things body wise were out of place. Now my fellow moms know exactly what I am talking about...lol. I started to think about how far I had come weight wise. I used to be 196 lbs!!! and went down to 172 then got comfortable. 6 months later, I hit 178 recommitted to working out and went down to 156-152. Then got comfortable and quit yet again. 

                      
Except for my deceased younger brother in this picture. I really hate this picture I was getting really big (this is where I really started gaining wight before my pregnancy).
                              





On the left me at 196 lbs. and on the right me at 156 lbs.
             




I looked in the mirror and looked at myself for a good 20 minutes.  I'm not comfortable with this "mom" body what was holding me back from making a change. As I stood there, I realized that the only person holding me back was ME!!!!  Instead of waiting until the new year to do a cliche I'm get fit challenge for a new year resolution. I wanted to start now like why wait???!!! No more excuses!!!

So no more excuses!!!!! 

We will be starting this fitness challenge this Thursday.  It will last until the last day of the calendar year. I am very excited not only to do the challenge but the amount of people that want to participate in this challenge. 

There are many benefits to exercising regularly like helping you lose weight, lower the likelihood of getting certain health diseases, improving your sex life and boosting your mood. Or how about reducing stress like one of my readers pointed on on our FB page.

  Here are few benefits I never thought or knew about...

  • Improve Your Ability to do Daily Activities and Prevent Falls. (I am clumsy so this is a plus for me)
  • Promotes better sleep
  •  Improves learning and keep your brain fit.
  • Leaves you feeling euphoric 
The list could go on for days.......

If you want to know more about the benefits of exercising regularly. Click the links below



The challenge pictured above is pretty self explanatory.  If you have any issues or questions about how to do the exercises comment below. The only thing that isn't clearly defined is the 1 hour of cardio. 


What is cardio?

 Cardio is any exercise that raises your heart rate. The type(s) of cardio  workout(s) you choose to do is your decision. Here are a few basic ones listed below to give you an idea of different types of cardio exercises.

  • Walking
  • Jogging
  • Bicycling
  • Running
  • Jumping rope
  • Stair climbing 
  • Dancing- (general or aerobic dance)
  • Zumba
  • Elliptical/Treadmill workouts

The list goes on and on....

The intensity of the cardio workout is up to you. Check out the link below to figure out what works for you. 




 Since you can break the workouts up to fit your schedule (as long as you do all of the exercises that same day) and no equipment is necessarily needed to start this challenge.  I ask you what are you waiting for ???




                                                                                           Until Next Time,


                                                                                                            Red Velvet




Disclaimer- Remember I am not a doctor and I am doing this for my well being. If you participate it's at your sole discretion. So, please check with your doctor especially if you have any health concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment