Friday, April 19, 2013

I have been searching all over for you...

I do not know about the rest of you guys but I have edges that refuse to cooperate no matter what product I put in it.

 I have tried different types of gels and pomades with little or no success. So, I continued to search for that "product" that would lay my resist edges down. I have found that "product" that works the best for my resist edges. This product is called Hicks Edges by Hicks Total Transformations.








In the midst of a shopping excursion for my little one. I decided to stop into the mall's beauty supply to buy hair bobbles, barrettes and holders for her hair. You already know the PJ in me would be looking for something new to try. After cruising two aisles, I came across a product called Hicks Edges. I remember my mom telling me to try Hicks Edges but I never purchased it. I just felt like the claims were too good to be true. After having little to no success with other gels and pomades. I looked over the ingredients which are listed below.

Ingredients:

Water, Ceteareth-25, PEG-7, Glyceryl Cocoate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-7, Hydrogneated Castor Oil, DMDM Hydantoin (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.


The ingredients inside of Hicks Edges were eh okay. After having little to no success with other gels and pomades what did I have to lose. I decided to purchase Hicks Edges and ended up paying $16.99 plus tax which is a bit expensive for 4 oz.(118 ml) of pomade.

I forgot that beauty supply's in malls tend to markup the price. Later on that day, I went to my local beauty supply and found out they sell Hicks Edges for $12.99 plus tax. 


I was very excited to try out the Hicks Edges but I couldn't use it  because we were still doing the protective styles challenge. I was so tempted to try Hicks Edges. I was already going insane from doing 3 month's of protective styles. The temptation was real and I almost gave in to it (lol). But I was able to hold out until our protective styles challenge had ended on the 15th of this month.


On the 16th of April, you know I was ready to try Hicks Edges out. Hicks Edges claims to have super holding power and temporarily straightens your hair. It also claims to not flake while making your hair silky smooth and promoting hair growth.  So you know I was ready to see if their claim were vaild ones. Acoording to the directions on the label,it says only apply Hicks Edges to clean hair only. So I co-washed with Suave's Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner. I didn't do a DC this time and blotted hair with a t-shirt towel that I made. Then applied KKC Knot Today Leave-In to my hair.


I let my hair air dry 85% of the way. Now it was time to try out Hicks Edges to see if it works. I crack open the container and this what Hicks Edges Pomade looks like see photo below.




I apply the about a quarter size of the pomade to the from area of my hair and start to smooth the pomade into my hair with my fingertips. See photo below:




Starting to finger smooth the hicks edges onto my edges.
After working the pomade in to my edges with a few swipes of my fingertips. My edges were laid..lol. No having put  scarf around my edges to hold my edges in place and removing it 5 minutes later to have laid edges. This product really works. My hair didn't have a tacky feel to it and was so shiny, soft and silky. The next day, my edges weren't as laid but my hair was silky, shiny and soft. 


Front shot of my hair after using Hicks Edges




(Side shot) My edges are laid!!!..lol





Nape of my neck after applying Hicks Edges


  
I

Red Velvet's Verdict:


*Drum Roll Please*

The Pros


  • This pomade is clear and doesn't flake
  • Provides great shine to your hair and edges.
  • Keeps your edges laid like no bodies business
  • A little goes a long way
  • This pomade is non-greasy.
  • Doesn't leave your hair tacky.
  • Hair remains soft and silky
  • Your edges can remain laid for a period of 2 days max.


The Cons


  • Your hair loses shine after the 2nd day
  • I wish it contained other essential oils (ex.jojoba and etc.)
  • Your edges can remain laid for a period of 2 days max.



NOTE: Coco and I are not affiliated or paid to review any of the products we use. If we are we will let you know. We only give honest opinions about the products we review. If we call a product a holy grail or just simply love it. It's because we really love the products we have used and are not paid to give a false reviews. Although, we may be given free products to review. We will let you know and give you our honest opinions about the products we use.


You can purchase this pomade for $9.55 to $16.99 in the store or online.

This pomade can be used as a curling pomade in conjunction with a thermal curling iron. I do not intend on using a thermal curling iron for my hair any time soon. This product may be added to my Holy Grail of Products but I will have to see how it works over time. 

Have you tried Hicks Edges to lay your hair edges down? Have you tried Hicks Edges as a curling pomade? Do you hate it or love it?

                
                                                                                                 XOXO,

                                                                                                         Red Velvet

No comments:

Post a Comment