Friday, May 3, 2013

Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment Vs. III Sisters of Nature Honeyrose Treatment

A few weeks ago, I told you about my discovery of a new product line called III Sisters of Nature that claims to be comparable to Miss Jessie's and Kinky Curly Products. I am still in process of trying all these products. So far I have tried both  Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment and III Sisters of Nature Honeyrose Treatment. 


So without further adieu... Lets's get this battle of DC Treatments started


Out of the far right corner, weighing 16 oz. We have in the clear jar with the pink and brown label with white lettering.....

Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment!!!!!!!!




Out of the far left corner, weighing 16 oz. We have in the white jar with the brown and pink label with the black and white lettering......


III Sisters of Nature Honeyrose Treatment!!!!!!!!





There can be one winner so.......Let's Get ready to rumble ...LOL






For this battle I used the (2) 2 oz sizes of both DC Treatments.

I tried Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment first because this product was on market first. Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment smells really good and has a semi thick consistency. The ingredients listed below make up Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment.

Water (Aqua), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cyclomethicone (and) Dimethiconol, Lauryl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Fragrance, Dimethicone, DMDM Hydantoin (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Ceteareth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Liposome (Centella Asiatica), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, EDTA Disodium, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, D&C Red #33, Citric Acid


I applied it to my hair and my hair was already drinking up the treatment. So I placed a plastic cap on my hair and sat under the dryer. After ten minutes under the dryer, I wrapped a towel over my plastic cap and continued on with my tasks for the day. After twenty minutes, I took off my plastic cap and allowed my hair to "cool and seal". "Cool and seal" is a method where you allow your hair to cool down after using heat. This allows the treatment to seal into your hair. I rinsed my hair out and I loved the way my hair felt it was so soft and moisturized. Even though, I almost used all of the (2) 2 oz. packages of the treatment. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment. Truth be told I do not care for quite a bit of items in Miss Jessie's hair care line. I feel they charge too much for some of their products with the type of ingredients they choose to use. But Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment is something that I would consider purchasing on my next splurge day because there is no way in spending $48.00 for 16 oz.













Two weeks later I used the III Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment. The III Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment smelled okay and has a semi liquidy consistency  The ingredients listed below make up III Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment. I applied the treatment to my hair which took a while for my hair to soak up.  After my hair soaked up the treatment. I used the same method for Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment for this treatment. After I washed the III Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment out of my hair. My hair felt soooo soft that even after my hair dried. I had a hard time keeping my hands out of my hair....lol. Aside from the smell of this DC treatment. I only used one 2 oz package of this DC treatment. So,I wouldn't have a problem purchasing this item again.











I tried both DC Treatments and loved them so there was only one  more thing to do choose a winner.


So let's take it to the Battle of The DC treatment cards...lol





Red Velvet's Verdict

When it came to the consistency and smell of the DC Treatment...

I preferred the consistency and smell of the Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment over III Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment. 

When it came to ingredients inside of the product....

III Sisters of Nature was the clear winner. Look below to compare ingredients in both products.




III Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment Ingredients:


Water (Aqua), Vegetable Glycerin, Soybean oil (Glycine Soja), Aloe Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Marigold Extract (Calendula Officinalis), Alma Oil (Embilica Officinalis), Sea Grape Extract ( Vitis Vinifera), Polyquaternium 10 and Peg 14, Argan oil, Garacilaria extract (Allium Extract), Sodium Polyacrylate (Derived from Sea Salt), Ethyhexyl Stearate and Trideceth 6, Sweet Almond Extract (Prumus Amygdalus, Bay Laurel Extract (Lauris Noblis), Caramel, Fragrance (Parfum)

Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cyclomethicone (and) Dimethiconol, Lauryl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Fragrance, Dimethicone, DMDM Hydantoin (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Ceteareth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Liposome (Centella Asiatica), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, EDTA Disodium, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, D&C Red #33, Citric Acid




When it came to the feel of my hair after both DC Treatments...

I preferred the way my hair felt after I washed it out with III Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment.


It was kind of hard to make a decision since I loved both DC Treatments. 


But there could only be one winner of the DC Treatment battle.


The winner of this Deep Conditioning Treatment product battle was the III Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment.!!!!

The difference in ingredients and price of both DC Treatments is what helped me decide who had the better Deep Conditioning Treatment. III Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment has a way better quality of ingredients in their DC Treatment than Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment.  The price of III Sisters of Nature Honeyrose Treatment  way more affordable than Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment. You can purchase III Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment for $3.99/2oz or 8 oz.for 12.99. 

Let's be honest , I'm a PJ on a budget I can afford III sisters of Nature's DC Treatment versus shelling out $9.00 for 2 oz or 16 oz for 48.00  for Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment

If you would like more info on the III Sisters of Nature Honeyrose Treatment. Click on link below to see Coco's review of the product.

                     Coco's Review of the III Sister's of Nature Honeyrose Treatment

This concludes the battle of the DC Treatments for now.

                                                                                     Until next time
                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                Peace,

                                                                                                                        Red Velvet





No comments:

Post a Comment